Mr. Baby Sir, local heartthrob!
❤️
❤️
“So, Suzy, where’s your boyfriend?
You haven’t mentioned him lately,” said Toots, from her HeatHibernation™
station.“He’s not my boyfriend!” yelled Suzy.
“Where is he?” coaxed Toots.
“If you mean the Fluffbag, he's visiting the Grand Daughter’s cats. What a hobo!” miffed Suzy.
“Miss him, do ya? Well, I don’t blame you. He makes the rounds, like a pro of some kind!” said Toots admiringly.
“He could just as well be your boyfriend, Toots,” giggled Suzy. “I think you admire him!”
“Pffft!” hissed Toots. “I don’t need another one! I can’t get rid of Murphy, out in the yard all the time!”
“So, what do you think of those cats in the alley in NYC, Toots?” said Suzy, deftly changing the subject.
“What a bunch of rubes! I thought Big Apple cats would be wily and cagey. But no! They fell for the silliest game in the books. A fake pirate map by someone called Chucky Cheese? Come on!” said Toots.
“I bet the Bengal Brats would go for it too! Tail chasers. They get on my last nerve! I’m not a toy,” said Suzy. “I’m a dignified, mature lady cat, fer Pete’s sake!”
“No doubt!” Toots laughed.
“So. See anything out the window last night? I mean, besides Murphy? Anything suspicious?” said Suzy, eyes squinted, and fangs exposed, anticipatorily.
“Shhhh!, Honey! I don’t like to say much. I can’t say I did or didn’t see anything, since, well, I was in my redoubt. But. I heard things. Weird things. Night birds calling! Owls! Fell harbingers, I say, Suzy!
“I think I heard that woman down at the creek, the one that yells at night. I don’t know what she’s got to yell about,” said Toots.
“Maybe she dropped her phone in the creek!” said Suzy. “That would make any woman yell!”
“Suzy. I see why she calls you Snoozy. Good grief, girl,” said Toots.
“Who told?” said Suzy. “Was it Mr. Baby?”
“TTYS!” said Toots, laughing again.
“Just wait until he shows up again!” said Suzy.
“No doubt,” said Toots, yawning and dropping off to sleep. It was so warm both out and in.
“I wonder why the title of this thing mentions bears?” thought Suzy. “Maybe Toots heard a bear down by the creek!”
🍁💚🍁
No comments:
Post a Comment