“Everyone, the question on the table in general is how do Cautious™ cats end up the way we are, and specifically what the heck is bugging Ms. Charley? Our human friends are mystified as to why she is so hostile in the home where she was succored as a dying foundling,” said Toots, setting the table, so to speak.
“She is uncommonly rude, but just there,” said Mr. Baby, who was not there presently. “Actually she is rather rude to me too, whenever we meet.”
“It seems to me that we who were raised by our mothers have an easier time,” said Sammie.
“Apparently our minds are formed at a time when we should have a mother present,” said Suzy. “I don’t even remember my mother, even though I must have had one. I mean I am a regular mammal!”
“True, true,” said Buddy thoughtfully. “My mother was very sharp in the matter of manners, and gratitude, in fact.
“I have no idea what my mother thought,” said Suzy. “I just about can’t help jumping and running when anything at all happens. Everything scares me!”
“I get that,” said Toots.
“This is what I think about Charley and her behavior. She didn’t have a mother except in the most basic biological sense. She was bottle fed by a young man and his girlfriend. They didn’t know how to educate a kitten!
“Charley must have experienced sorrow there, even though the kids did their best for her. I can’t help but think that it’s subconscious with her. The place of her rescue was also the place of her kittenhood sorrow,” said Sammie.
“A kitten needs a mother to teach her how to be a cat,” said Buddy. “Look at those two Bengal Scouts. They stayed with their mother for nearly three months, and that was long enough. They are cheerful, agreeable, and kind. Though I hear they have a few things to learn!”
“Poor Charley didn’t know her mother at all. We have no idea how she ended up dying, dirty and soaking wet on that sidewalk. It might be even a more tragic story than it appears to be on the outside,” said Toots.
“That’s really horrible to think about! No wonder she’s confused and grumpy. Why she actually punched P really hard!” said Suzy. “I saw her do it!”
“Well, we can’t go back into her story and fix it. All we can do is remember to Purr™ for her to have peace in her heart, wherever she is,” said Toots. “In fact, those of us who were nearly orphans could use some of that too!”
“It wouldn’t hurt at all if she learned gratitude, and to count her blessings,” said Sammie. “Gratitude overcomes many fears, and much groundless anxiety!”
“I guess we all know what’s next,” said Toots.
So, all present closed their eyes and Purred™ for peace, for themselves in general, and for Charley in particular, and that the Lord of All Cats would be among them and teach them!
Then the meeting broke up as usual, and each went about his or her own business, as all cats do, wherever they find themselves.
🐈⬛❤️🐈⬛🐈🐈⬛🐈🐈⬛
No comments:
Post a Comment