Saturday, August 26, 2023

I Really Won't Back Down

 




It's Friday night, August 25, 2023.  I'm thinking about the Serenity Prayer. I'm thinking about how to withstand the world today and how to maintain readiness and composure. 

Hm, I had forgotten a good half of it. But in fact, I believe that lower part is not usually quoted. It's pretty good, but does it hold up to the insane conditions of this day and the following days coming?
It seems to me that possibly a bit more might be needed besides serenity.  Maybe serenity of mind, but some action required?

Maybe this is the time for the stubbornly self-actuated to shine? Bottom line for me is no injections. No masks unless I have to have medical care and they insist. Don't see that coming up.  More to think about I am sure.

One of the concepts I like to hang onto is Jesus walking unnoticed through the crowds.  He did it.  He said we could do what he did.  I like the idea of being unperceived quite a bit!

I believe a cheerful spirit is the way to go.  How to stay cheerful?  What is the basis for cheerfulness? I suppose it must be confidence in the Almighty and in fact firm belief in our eternal nature.  



∾∾∾∾∾∾∾∾∾∾∾∾∾∾∾∾∾∾∾
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
enjoying one moment at a time;
accepting hardship as a pathway to peace;
taking, as Jesus did,
this sinful world as it is,
not as I would have it;
trusting that You will make all things right
if I surrender to Your will;
so that I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with You forever in the next.

Amen.

Reinhold Niebuhr

No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year