Saturday, July 29, 2023

Shabbat Shalom





I kind of felt like entitling my thought for the day Children, Drunks and Fools.  These are the people generally considered to feel safe. This might be unwarranted, as many children do not feel safe, people drink because they are afraid sometimes, and fools, ah well, who knows what they are thinking.

It also strikes me that it is like the saying about Big Foot that I was a believer, but now I'm afraid it's real, rather humorously.

I guess we all knew it was not a safe planet.  Too many ways to get dead around here.  We have been considering what to think about the takeover of all of life by the Beast, oh I mean an overarching AI monstrosity. Today we found out about a secret lab in Fresno growing disease elements.  There are sure to be more of them. This on top of the ongoing Covid and vaccine hoax.  Then there are the hospital murders being revealed.  I could list other things. And so on.  You get it.  They want us gone. 

This is very dramatic and close and current and nasty! Has there ever been such a time before?  I know that people lived in fear in all times and places.  Who can assess which is worse? And, have we finally arrived at the true End Times?

The thing I have to do with myself is to grab myself by the ears figuratively and ask "what is all this God talk and rambling on about faith? Do you hear yourself?  Do you believe your own words?"

Our adversary has never stopped going around like a roaring lion.  He's still doing it.  Nothing new there. He wanted you dead at every step in your life. If he could he would have withered you to death in your mother's belly.  But, apparently Someone let you live. He let me live too, many times when I should not have.  

Life here on this planet is still not safe, but we do have the same assurances that we always had. It's a mystery to me how all of this fits together.  But I do believe in my bones that God prefers life.  May as well believe on the side of the good guys. If nothing else, it's good game strategy.

So I prescribe a good dose of scorn for the enemies of life.  Their pride will not save them when the sky splits open and the rolls are called.

So, Shabbat Shalom, in spite of them all.  Your Father knows every atom in your earthly body and every second of your life.  He knows and loves the real intangible eternal you. Rest there.

Please excuse me preaching. It's just what I am thinking about this Friday afternoon.





No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year