Saturday, July 22, 2023

Recalculating

 

I had never used GPS before, but the other day I had to find an address near where I grew up, where there had never been street addresses before because all the houses were new on new streets.  A new neighborhood tucked in where there had only been forest.

I got mixed up. Me!  I couldn’t believe it.  So, to save time I turned the voice on.  My little minder, as I call my iPhone has that capability.  I didn’t dig the bossy female voice, of course.  Why couldn’t it be someone I like?

But!  It worked.  I also discovered that if I passed the correct turn, it would recalculate and just carry on directing me by another route. I didn’t know it did that.  I’m sure everyone else knew it, but I had never stooped to using GPS in my life.

I found this relevant. Of course.

It’s like living life, isn’t it!

It’s also like writing a long winding story and trying to not get lost. In an imaginary world there is much recalculating, at least there is for me.

My next project is to actually read the whole thing.  I haven’t done that.

Then calculate.


No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year