Monday, July 8, 2024

Gutenberg, Advertising, And Slow Poison


 

 

          I experienced an odd technical realization a while back. See what you think!

          I was thinking about all the funny stuff in the store that people eat, from the center aisles. Packaged stuff of all kinds, both snack and meal items.

          It struck me that things like, say, Pringles, are really just the fruiting body of the mycelium of the advertising industry. These things are not meant to nourish. They are meant to make money, by means of the addictive flavor built into them intentionally, as is well known,  and the harping of the advertisers.  I’m not picking on Pringles especially.

          Think about stuff like Hamburger Helper.  Lol. I have not experienced that.

          These products are almost printed. It’s almost like a version of 3D printing using “food” materials.

          I guess, when I boil it down, if I have a point, my point is that these products are “edible” advertising manifested materially.  Not exactly food, per se.  They won’t kill you right away.  Making money requires live, addicted, customers.

          Lately, having decided to step away from death and ruin, I just thought I would mention some of my reasoning.

        As always, I want to hear your thoughts.



No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year