Friday, May 12, 2023

Out In The Garden


 This was my grandma's favorite hymn.  I so clearly remember her singing it in her cornball Idaho accent.  She was a funny lady all her life.  Here she is near the end of her time here.

I have had access to three garden plots myself.  The first was at my parent's place where I made a pest of myself planting things my way.

The second was in the Ballard section of Seattle, where we had a little backyard plot.  Here I am elegantly attired out there fussing around.

I never did it neatly.  Then we rented my parent's place for a while and I had a bigger messy garden.
I never took many photos of my little gardens.  

All that time we lived on the Res., there was no garden because of living under the huge trees and no topsoil really.

A doctor once told me that I had to have a garden.  What a surprising thing for a modern physician to say.  I think he thought the outdoor exercise was needed and obviously better food.  But, I suspect also that he had some idea that it would be good for my head, since gardening is ultimately constructive and reasonable.  It requires that you make sense, more or less.  Depending! It smooths things out in a way.  Slows things down.  You can't bully plants into growing faster.  They do what they do.

In a sort of woo woo way, it puts you in touch with all of mankind and your own ancestors.  Hey, we all did this, now you are doing it!  You are part of humanity and part of history.  There is no escaping your placement. 

Also, it is good to remember that GOD himself put humanity in a garden at the beginning of our history.

Where am I going with this pumpkin vine of verbiage?  Goodness knows!  I wish that it were out to the garden!

No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year