Wednesday, May 17, 2023

How Long Is Now?

 


Of course that is a nonsense question.  Nothing could ever be cut that fine.  Now cannot hold still. 

Is now really a kind of motion? For it certainly is restless, a zone of change.

Can now be said to truly exist?  

Is now just the footprint of our minds as we experience life?

I'm not breaking any new ground here.  I'm just thinking about the river as I float down it.

Then, what do I do about it?  I'm thinking hold on tightly to that living Relationship.

Maybe now is life, motion, relationship?


“The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.”


― Omar Khayyám


It seems like half the songs are about some aspect of time.


No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year