Monday, May 30, 2022

This Is An American Holiday


 A photo taken from Shorpy.com of an American Memorial Day picnic in 1960, somewhere in Maryland.

We've probably pretty much all been to one or two of those.  I sure have.  I only see one man there way in the background.  Maybe picnics are kind of a kid's and women's thing.

I have no near relatives lost at war.  Some have served, but they came home.  My father was too young for WW2 and too married with children for Korea.  His brother was at the Nuremburg trials as a guard.  I wish I could find a photo of that!

Like any sane human, I hate wars.  The waste and ruin.  The loss of men and now, women's lives.  There should be a damn good reason for it.

But GOD bless those who served and lost their own lives out of faithfulness.  Let righteousness prevail on earth.

No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year