Friday, May 20, 2022

First Love, Now There's a Subject

 As I was waking this morning I was thinking of doing a post on DECENCY, just as a wordy exercise, and because I like to reexamine ideas that we already understand.  I also have some thoughts on how a gold mini economy might work.  Another day.

But love is where its at.  Its closer to our hearts, when we lie down and when we rise up.  Its hard to put a finger on first love.  When was that?

When I was a kindergartner I had to walk down Aurora Ave to go to school and I got lost.  I remember happily wandering the Seattle neighborhood nowhere near Oaklake Elementary.  I was really too young.  They should have given me another year.  The point is that a little red headed boy was assigned to walk me to school.  Awww.

First love could probably be illustrated with school annual pages.

This one is not one of mine.  I couldn't find any quickly.  No matter.  There was always someone.  Right?  Such a confusing time.  I remember a young man sitting up on top of the lockers one year saying "do you love me little girl?"  Being green as grass and so afraid of mockery I said NO.  But I did, I did. He was a banjo player.

More stories.  More secret loves.  I was not the girl they all wanted, which is probably a good thing.

I found the Bird at community college.  He was one year behind me in school, so it was the second year.  We also attended the University of Washington at the same time.  One day he was late to school and I just knew something horrible had happened.  At that point I knew I was hooked.  He was fine, just late. haha  There was something there I wanted. You know?

There is a photo booth picture of the early times, but I don't know where it is, so this one will have to do.


No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year