Sunday, January 14, 2024

At The Interface, A Fable

 



They came into the zone of interface and stopped in their machine. I saw a desire for rest and companionable solitude about them. 

There were two of them. They sat in a machine together. One older, held the controls. One younger, a rider. Human females. They were eating and drinking some things. They were quiet and alone here.

I chose the older one.

I appeared to stand at the interface. I showed myself to her mind. She was calm. I was careful with my expression, still she called on the Maker of All to see our meeting.

She was not aware that I had approached herself only.

The older one called on the younger one to look out and see me, but of course she could not. She became somewhat frustrated with the driver because the requested action seemed like nonsense to her. This young one became busy inside their machine.

The whole scene shifted and shone to my eyes. It kept drifting. Changing. Lights came and went. Still, I held. My world at my back, hers before me.

I became as a forest man to her. I filled the picture in her mind.

As she gazed into my dimension just a little, I held up both hands to show peace between us. Palms outward and empty. It is a gesture understood by all minded beings. My intention was to not frighten her with my true form.

There is a danger here for you I formed into her mind. The interface moves, it coruscates like a beam of light. The conjunction of the worlds is not steady or quiet. Time buckles and rips, it doesn’t always align.

When one of you enters the interface unaware many times they do not survive the experience. A corpse must be given back then. This is grievous for you and for us.

Sometimes it destroys their minds for a time if they survive, sometimes forever.

The driver removed her right hand from the wheel before her and held it palm out toward me for a long moment. She showed understanding.

Without hesitation, she moved the machine out of the area and took her young passenger to safety and home.

(this follows Double Vision)

No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year