Tuesday, January 9, 2024

A Timely And Pertinent Question For All

 

(^!^)

It's about our pets.

What is the most astounding stunt your little beast has pulled, be it uncanny, intellectual, messy or just plain weird?

I have a story, a true story, which I have told before but I will tell again because it is, I think, the strangest thing I ever had an animal do.  There might be a second story in this category also.

As you know, for eleven years we shared our lives with a wolf girl, Layla.  One time when she was still a big ol' kid wolf, I was sitting with her and my daughter and granddaughter on the floor of daughter's apartment.

Daughter brought out a load of dry laundry to fold and sort.  There were a lot of colored socks in the load. So, as sort of a joke, I said to Layla, "go get me a yellow sock!"  And she did.  OK.  So I said, "go get me a green sock."  She did this also.  Weird!  Then as a final test, I said, " Layla, get me a red sock." She got me a red sock!  Ohmygoodiness!  This was too weird for me.  I didn't ask her for a blue or purple or black one.  I was done.

Now, it is true that Layla and I had kind of a mind lock going always.  Strange thing.


My other weird story is about a hen named Beepers.  SIL named her.  Not me.  Anyhow one time, out at Tulalip, this chicken began to attack all the males in the family.  I thought, now this is getting out of hand and seems evil. 

So, I got my trusty little bottle of olive oil, went out to Beepers.  I anointed her little head with oil and told whatever damned spook that was hanging out on her to get lost.

All her feathers went out straight from her body, making her look like a chicken puff-ball.  Her feathers went back down, and she never attacked any of the guys again!!!

So? Got any animal stories?  Would love to hear!

 

No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year