Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Thinking About Home Towns


 I grew up in the sticks outside Bothell, WA.  A suburb of Seattle.  There is a pretty good little history of the place at https://www.historylink.org/file/4190
In the early 50s my parents bought a little unfinished two bedroom house on land that had been logged but never lived on before as far as we can tell.  Not even by Natives.  It was an interesting experience, watching my father behave like a farmer and clear the land of stumps and finish the house.  
I went to school with lots of Scandinavian descendants.  Bothell seemed like a very Norwegian place.

It would to fun to hear about anyone else's home place.  I know some moved around a lot.  We didn't.


Typical shot of my father.  He was always doing something.  Here he is making a swing set from scratch.  It was always there until the place was sold.

No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year