Sunday, June 26, 2022

Impossible To Ignore, Or A Trip North On Highway 99

 Yesterday, driving home from Seattle, the freeway was moving very slowly heading north, so I decided to take Highway 99, in spite of the stop lights.  It actually has about four different names depending on where you are.

What I saw on the way to the end of empire..or maybe even the Last Days.  I saw many more prostitutes.  Almost a crowd in one spot.  Its terrible to look out and see young teenage girls dressed in the costumes of crude attraction.  They look so vulnerable.  I saw fat women.  One beat up looking big black girl sitting in a bus stop with almost all her breasts exposed.  Lots of Mexican girls.  Several very very young and small Black girls.  The sensation of danger to them is very strong.  Also, it was much too warm of a day to be standing  out in the sun all day.

I saw one pimp.  I always look around and to see if I can spot the cruel creep.  Of course giving them the evil eyes does nothing.

I saw normal looking young women holding signs up on an overpass.  I would bet anything you ask that they were fussing about overturning Roe...but that they had nothing to say about all the girls on the street there being used as merchandise. 

I saw men wracked by drug use, flailing about in useless motion.  Dragging up and down the streets like lost dogs.

I saw people sitting in clusters in corners, like dirty peasants, in America.  

Several people were driving very strangely and aggressively, zipping up on the right side of my car, and zooming off, weaving in and out of the traffic.  I don't usually see much of that.

It was a joyful day.  It was a sad day.  It just depends.  Maybe the sunshine just brought them all out more than usual.  I do have to wonder why the city allows all that hooker activity.

I was reminded of this:

Hark hark, the dogs do bark.
The beggars are coming to town.
Some in rags, some in tags, 
and some in velvet gowns.

No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year