Friday, December 15, 2023

Just An Old Song Today

 

Of course it's just an open thread day.
My Thursday did not allow
Time for writing.

One thing I did manage today was 
Codfish Stew
a'la pbird
1. Saute' one large shallot, finely chopped, in a couple Tablespoons of olive oil.
2. Add two chopped stalks of celery, keep it on the mild saute'.
3. Add four smallish spuds, 1 inch cubes. Could have used more...
4. Add about a pound or so of codfish.  I used frozen and it was fine.
5. Add water to barely cover the contents of the pan. Bring up to simmer.
6. A bay leaf, salt but go easy. Pepper.
7. Add enough tomato sauce or paste to taste, make it look soupy red.
8. I used a couple of Tablespoons of liquid Dashi to brighten the flavor.  If all else fails a little MSG or chicken powder would help.
When it was all nicely done I mixed about a quarter cup of flour into a cup of light cream and stirred that in to give it body and richness. Continue on the simmer until the flour is cooked.
It was pretty rich.

I also made a small batch of biscuits.  No wonder I am sleepy!

No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year