Saturday, December 2, 2023

Hey! What Was That!?

 






The Author’s Somewhat Jocular Apologia

You may ask yourself, if you are David Byrne, lol, or not, how these things come to be written. I certainly do! This whole nearly 600 day extravaganza, including the posts written by LoneStar or others, surprises the heck out of me! Look what we did! And such brilliant comments!

In my case they appear in a daily manner, like manna, in fact. I feel as if I am “given” enough material to write something one day at a time. If I worried about it, I suppose I would freeze up. But I don’t worry about it. It has been demonstrated to me that even I, a noted airhead, can come up with something even if it’s a little off kilter. I know that the world is “so full of a number of things…” that I will never ever in one lifetime fall short of material.

That is not to say that writing fiction particularly is easy. I feel like I sweat quite a bit when trying to do a little world building and make it internally consistent. It’s easy to forget who did what!

Any one day I have about five things I am thinking about that might work for a little written something. Like today. I was thinking of a sort of face off like a fight but more like a sort of debate between Ralph and OZ, or OZ’s stand in. It would involve arm wrestling, debate, and a chess game perhaps. Then we would have to decide who won. I might take it on. Time will tell. I believe dance is involved also.

I was also considering asking you all to think with me about whether predictability and faithfulness were the same thing. Of course, they are not, but it might be fun to show how they differ.

I think about making recordings, that is a lot of fun. I wish I were better at it. I would like to get into making quality videos. So many learning curves.

I like to post a good painting, by someone else! And discuss why it is a good one. Or a well written piece of poetry or whatever.

I am not above a little preaching either. I don’t like to overdo scripture because people do feel preached at, I think. I also don’t like to cheapen its impact by treating it like any other old written material. Holy means set apart. Special.



I thank you all for your patience. It flat out amazes me that anyone reads this stuff!


No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year