Friday, October 20, 2023

Out Of Central Casting


 

Yesterday I had opportunity to tell someone that worry just robs from today and gives nothing at all to tomorrow.


What a clever boots I am. Too bad I don’t listen to myself.
 
*0*


(Point the second, I was of the opinion that quitting smokes would not affect me much. There was some roller coaster today. But I am OK. I don’t want to smoke. )

*0*

Third point. This is the one about central casting.

I put on a character in effect, when I say, “I am afraid, or I am depressed, or I am sick, or I am ugly, or I am grieving, or I feel like I am dying.”

Even if no one else hears me I hear myself and the way the mind works is that I will tend to portray what I say. Our minds seem to operate in positives. Funny thing.

Therefore, there are better characters. “I feel cheerful, constructive, strong, careful, wise, kind, good lookin’, lol, etc.”

“I feel hopeful, focused, full of love.” That sort of statement. It may start out as conscious putting on, but I believe that it will come, with practice, to be real, internal and integral.

I have arrived at these positions with help from a wise friend and from the knocks and owies of experience.



But knowing is not the same as doing, so I have work to do. I must be conscious, aware and not reactive.

PS.  I seem to be rather addicted to writing a little bit of stuff everyday. I had no idea that would happen.
 

No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year