Monday, May 27, 2024

Little Children

 

Just Bee !



1At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”
2Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, 3and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. 4Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me.
Matthew 18:1-4

 
I have some experience with small children. That’s a very dry little joke. So, I think I can speak from some experience.

First, I believe that children are living love receptors, they don’t have love receptors, they are love receptors. They absorb it unreservedly. They love to be loved. They are in Love. They come that way.

Second, they are utterly dependent.  They have no power in their flesh.

Little ones don’t sweat the small stuff. Messes don’t bug them. Noise is ok most of the time. Plain food, a warm bed, some clothing, time to play and relationship are their main requirements here.

They are also trusting in a wide open way. They look at life as a pleasure I think.

They are certainly not worried about time. They don't devise plans.

They forgive easily. Their focus is instant. In the now. .

Of course, Jesus was talking about our relationship to himself and the Father. I think it has to do with knocking down the idol of self. 

So, for self-check time, am I just believing what he says, not parsing it, looking for back doors, reserving my heart for later? Do I just believe what he says? Am I humble enough to just drop all of my sophisticated reservations and believe what he says? Will I humble myself and just accept love?



No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year