LATEST RELEASE... 2/19/26... The Forest is Forever: No. 3 in The Collected Ralph Stories

Saturday, October 3, 2026

The Days of Pumpkin Spice are Drawing Nigh!

 


It’s still early days, but you know it’s coming!
Pumpkin Spice latte’. Pumpkin Spice waffles…etc. It gets worse as the month of silliness continues.
I expect to see Pumpkin Spice used cars! Insurance! Mortgages! Weddings!
Maybe I shouldn’t put those ideas out in the air! Can you imagine a Pumpkin Spice wedding? I can. But I really shouldn't.
We all love the pie, goodness knows. But only if made at home in an actual human kitchen. We take a dim view of the Safeway stuff. It looks OK, but can you really be sure?
Even made with sweet potatoes, it’s great stuff. Seems like a historical type of flavor from the early years of this country. It might even have something to do with Indian cookery. Not sure. But I know that early Americans did learn some cookery from the people already here, and dealing with unfamiliar foods, such as corn, meaning maize.
            Maybe this whole thing is a warm up for Thanksgiving!
            What say you?




No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year