Back then I didn’t quite say it like that in my middle of the night thought experiments. How I cast the question was; what if nothing at all, neither God Himself, or the Universe had ever existed. I seriously tried to imagine such a state. (Of course, there could have been no state of any kind if what I was trying to imagine….. You see how it is.)
It was a whole lot easier to ponder my own lack of existence, if I had never been born. I learned to be grateful for existence. Surely the greatest gift of all, to exist.
I knew nothing of theology, or philosophy, or any of the famous thinkers in history. I had only my own reason, and the Old Book to go by. Talk about a noob!
After banging away for several decades, at the nuts and bolts of my own mundane daily existence, it occurred to me that existence isn’t just a big deal, it’s the only deal.
“World without end.”
At the bottom of the physicist’s glass, once he had drunk all the world’s wisdom as far as he could understand it, he found that he faced GOD.
Somewhere in the Jewish liturgy, I remember the phrase, “There is no One else.” And, indeed, it is so. There can be no One else, and He is existence.
I knew nothing of theology, or philosophy, or any of the famous thinkers in history. I had only my own reason, and the Old Book to go by. Talk about a noob!
After banging away for several decades, at the nuts and bolts of my own mundane daily existence, it occurred to me that existence isn’t just a big deal, it’s the only deal.
“World without end.”
At the bottom of the physicist’s glass, once he had drunk all the world’s wisdom as far as he could understand it, he found that he faced GOD.
Somewhere in the Jewish liturgy, I remember the phrase, “There is no One else.” And, indeed, it is so. There can be no One else, and He is existence.
*❤*
Additions, debate, commentary of all kinds welcomed and desired. Tell me what you think. I'd love to know.
💮🖤💮
No comments:
Post a Comment