LATEST RELEASE... 2/19/26... The Forest is Forever: No. 3 in The Collected Ralph Stories

Tuesday, July 21, 2026

A KittyComm™ Transmission:

 


 
            “Good morning, Earthlings! We hope you are seated comfortably and are fortified with fresh mugs of coffee, whatever that is!” said Suzy from her location somewhere in the house.
            “Yes! This won’t take long, but a question has come up, and we want to address it,” said Toots, also located somewhere, undisclosed.
            “Some have impugned our courage!” said Suzy.
            “That’s right! Some, I won’t say who, ahem, have equated a rational state of caution with raw fear! Nonsense!” said Toots. “Any ninny should be able to see the difference.”
            “There is a huge difference. How would you describe it, Dear,” said Suzy.
            “Caution™ is required in a state of intelligent Courage. It’s a weighing of the options available in a certain situation, and choosing the best course of action. Courage is not a reckless, thoughtless exposure to danger! Far from it!” Toots said, fervently.
            “It takes thought!” added Suzy. “How about an example? Take that vicious sounding crow out there. Do you hear him yelling ‘come out!’?”
            “Yes, I do!” said Toots, “Even though he’s in Milltown, a safe distance from my location, one would think.”
            “And what would be the truly intelligent, Courageously Cautious™ reaction to such a provocation, Toots?” queried Suzy.
            “My advice would be to sit tight, under cover. Don’t go out there! No good could come of exposing the tender back of the neck to that beak,” said Toots firmly. “How about if there is a knock on the door, Suzy? What say you?”
            “What say I? Can you guess? I say remain in a position of cover, but able to see what is knocking if one of the gullible pinkies happens to  open the door!” said Suzy.
            “Brrrrrr! Anything could be out there! The mind boggles!
            “To reiterate, Caution™ is not fear! Fear is irrational. It’s based on nothing but emotion. It might even be free-floating physical anxiety!” said Toots.
            “We are not Scaredy-Cats, nay! We are Thinking-Cats!” said Suzy, “And those are the very best kind of cats to be!
            “On the subject of thoughtless braggadocio, I could mention these Scouts..” said Suzy.
            “No doubt,” said Toots. “Young Toms, whatcha gonna do?”
            “Stay clear?” said Suzy.
            “It’s the only way!,” said Toots. “Now, I believe we have covered this topic sufficiently. I’m getting sleepy, and I’m sure you are too…..!”
 
           
The signal dropped at this point.

📻

           

No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year