Tuesday, August 20, 2024

A True Story

 

Nursery Tales From Space

Such a strange planet!

(⌯’ᢍ’⌯ ^)∫
 

          A true story dear babes, though you will scarcely believe it! I can tell you today that I have visited this world in my many travels and all that I report to you I have seen with my own eyes.

          Approaching the Earth planet in my ship, I saw that it was a fine blue and green and brown place.  There are vast seas of water such as we never see here at home. I was careful to land somewhere green not blue my dears!

          The souls who inhabit this green and blue world have a great love for an imperious small beast. It is a mammalian creature. My children, that means that it bears live young and nourishes those young at their breasts. It is furry. There are some nearly furless ones, but they are exotic and rare, and require sweaters when the world is cold.

          Children and adults both love them, except for some who favor another beast entirely, one of a much more obliging nature. The former are called cats, kitties, pussy, kitten when young.  The latter beasts are called dogs and for some unknown reason there is animosity from the dog favorers toward the cats. However, cat lovers generally accept dogs readily. Odd.

          But, if the truth were to be told entirely, cats can be dicey subjects. They can be fastidious to feed, changing their opinions on the delectability of foods frequently. Some say that if the cat is truly hungry the cat will eat. Well, others are not so sure. Perhaps the cat will die of the exigencies of its demanding appetite. One can’t be too careful, they caution!

          For a small opportunistic beast, it is opinionated in the matter of where to sleep. As a matter of fact, many of them sleep a great deal of the day, so perhaps it matters to them a great deal. Sometimes a cat will seem to have vanished from the face of Earth but is merely sleeping in a new and more secretive location.

          I need to tell you that most of them have a long furry tail. This is true!  I have seen them. Cats also have two pointy ears on the top of their heads and many long whiskers beside their small nose. They are born with coats of different colors. Some are striped and spotted, this coat is called tabby, some are black and white, some are orange or yellow.  Some come in a mottled coat of black, white and orange.

          Cats are famous for their favorite word, which is “Meow!” They make other sounds, but “meow” is the best.

         A lot of playful opinion is aired in the matter of which is best!

          Perhaps someday before long I will acquire some kittens and bring them to our planet. I believe that this would be a very good idea.

“MEOW”



By Mak

No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year