Monday, March 18, 2024

Raven's Hop

 


*Maeve would have a word with you.* 


Words vs Meanings 
Oh No!

It’s all about the egg! An egg is a definition, says she. An enclosure. 

Inside the egg is one thing. 

Outside of the egg is everything else? Is it not so? 

We have eggs for our convenience, like a sort of medium of exchange. Oh! I meant words. What I may mean is as boundless as the air, the sky, the universe, but it’s diffuse. It’s slippery. It evades my intentions. So, the egg. 

“Words make worlds.” Perhaps it was the refining of chaos into definitions that is a way of looking at creation? “In the beginning was the Word.” Perhaps not chaos but just the impossibility of nothingness. Do I dare say “in the beginning was definition?” 

Oh dear. Perhaps I have rolled the egg over and mixed myself up. 

Maybe it would be better to say that words are the dresses we put our meanings into. So many, many different dresses! Depending on who or where. 

But back to Raven’s eggs. 

That’s where more Ravens come from. 

That I know for sure.


No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year