Tuesday, September 10, 2024

What Does Tuesday Mean To A Cat

 

Meow!


           If I asked Suzy what Tuesday meant to her, she would probably say, always assuming she said anything, “what’s Tuesday. Can I eat it? Can it eat me?”
            I would probably say, “well, Suzo, Tuesday is a day of the week.  Any cat surely knows that.  Don’t they?”
            She might answer, “well, now, ma’am, I have heard the word. I don’t understand how a day has anything to do with being weak.” You can see that this conversation would go nowhere.
            Suzy and Willie both are completely blasé when it comes to what day it is. They probably notice if it’s dark. Or especially light I suppose.
            They seem to possess memory.  They seem to have some habits trained in. They seem to intuit what I am going to do next.
            But mostly, they “sha la la la la la, live for today.” They are in the moment. So, it was a joke title. What does Tuesday mean to a cat. Nothing. Null concept. Even if I rewarded them with some super duper reward, whatever that might be, I am not sure, on Tuesdays for a few months to where they sort of expected it on Tuesday.  They still wouldn’t know or care that it’s what we call Tuesday.
            They are my little “Now-nauts.”
            What do they care about? No questions about that. Full tummies! A warm place to sleep. A sunny spot to lounge in during the day. Somebody to snuggle when they feel like snuggling. A nice clean litter box. Of course, they enjoy a little horsing around, chasing the red dot,  or a  mouse or each other if no other prey is handy.
            Taking a lesson from those two characters, I guess my point is that I mean to let the sorrows of the past fall away, and likewise to stop worrying about times and days, such as Tuesdays, coming up. If I have enough for today I am blessed and cared for. I shall thank Him for daily bread, whatever day it happens to be. Times and days are not my concern.
            In addition, I wish to thank you, my friends, for coming to chat every day. It is such a happiness for me that you do.
            I especially want to thank LoneStar, who has helped me to keep a lid on the number of bloopers, and has written some dynamite posts.


No comments:

PBird's Most Visited Posts In The Past Year